finally! a real British summerTuesday, July 16, 2013
It's been a while since I blogged - and that has been completely down to the AMAZING weather we've had over the last few weeks. And with more to come I know I'm not the only Londoner who's been spending too much time in the sun. The city has really come alive and people in general just look happier!
Some of the great things one can do in the London sunshine:
- picnics in the park
- constant ice-cream eating
- river path cycling
- outdoor cinema and theatre
- sleepy book reading under the trees
- beach bumming - this is not technically in London, but very close by...
- bucket cocktail drinking Thailand style
- more cool cocktail drinking...
- sight seeing - we cycled to Hampstead Court Palace from Richmond last weekend and enjoyed access to the formal gardens for free while the flower festival was on
- delicious brunch eating
- fundraising and running in the blistering heat for charity. This was taken at the Hampstead Heath Race for Life - where I placed 18th and raised money for cancer research at the same time :)
- German beer-garden enjoying
- and my favourite - sushi picnic!
The list goes on.... Hope you're all having a fabulous British summer!