raspberry and almond cake (aka Bakewell Tart)Thursday, October 16, 2014
Raspberry and almond cake is my all-time favourite cake recipe for three reasons: it's super easy to bake, super delicious (rarely lasts a single hour in our house once out of the oven) and the finished cake is impressive. I cannot count the number of times people have asked me for this recipe.
So today I share with you.
- 140g ground almonds
- 140g softened butter
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 140g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g raspberries, or a pot of quality raspberry jam works just as well
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- icing sugar to serve
- Heat your oven to 180ºC and grease a 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- Throw all your ingredients - the ground almonds, butter, sugar, flour, eggs and vanilla extract into a bowl together and mix until well combined.
- Spread half the mixture over the bottom of your cake tin.
- Scatter your raspberries over the top, or alternatively add a nice thick layer of raspberry jam.
- Dollop your remaining cake mixture on top of your fruit/jam and roughly spread.
- Scatter with flaked almonds to finish off and bake for 50 mins until golden brown.
I'm off to eat cake...