Seven things I can't do any more...Thursday, August 20, 2015
Until now I never realised (or considered) how much pregnancy would effect my capacity to do simple, every day things. I'm currently one week away from entering the 'dreaded' third trimester and already noticing my belly just gets in the way of everything!
Let this be a lesson to you all you ladies out there considering joining the motherhood club.
Seven things I can't do any more...
- Fly. This is top of my list and makes me the most upset. Next weekend will be my last adventure abroad before the little one arrives. I even have to get a doctors certificate to say it's safe for me to board the plane.
- Dishes. Not the worst thing in the world to give up. These days when I stand at the sink the size of my belly means I have to lean forward to comfortably reach the water and dishes resulting in a sore back. Ouch.
- Tie my own shoe laces, or doing up fancy buckles on my work heels. Thank goodness for slip-ons is all I can say!
- Pick up things off the ground. Seriously, with a groan I can get down there, but it's not fun and I move at snail pace.
- Run. I used to run almost every day. These days I get going for just a few minutes and my belly seriously starts to ache. Alas I have retired my trainers and these days find myself swimming lengths at the gym.
- Sleep. Oh I miss sleep. What I would give for just one night of blissful, uninterrupted dreams...
- Walk up stairs without puffing. Plod, plod, plod. What's that noise you say? That's me plodding and puffing slowly up the stairs to my front door.
PS. the photo above is of my nephew running around Foxton Beach on the west coast of New Zealand a few years ago. I'm holding out to be able to do this again.