New Zealand nostalgiaThursday, September 17, 2015
It's not very often that I feel nostalgic for New Zealand (sorry Mum!) but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss or think about home every now and then.
A few weeks ago my sister in law asked me to email through some photos I took last time hubby and I were back visiting. This was almost three years ago when we got married, and I have to admit looking through all my old snaps did make me think it is time to go back again.
I'm a North Island gal through and through, and can sometimes feel like it's my duty to encourage people panning a trip to NZ to visit the North Island (not just Auckland) in addition to heading down South. So here is my proof - a selection of random photos in some of my favourite NZ spots that I took over a few weeks in March 2013. All of these are in the North Island of New Zealand. I give you home...
1. Waihi Beach - North Island, East Coast, New Zealand
2. Martinborough sunset - lower North Island, wine district, New Zealand
3. Opiki farm - inland, lower North Island, farms everywhere, New Zealand
4. Foxton Beach - lower North Island, West Coast, New Zealand
5. Manawatu Estuary - home to 93 different bird species and a lovely spot for walking, lower North Island, West Coast, New Zealand
6. Mac's Brewery - my favourite place to relax in Wellington (on a good day), the very bottom of the North Island, New Zealand
8. Mount Ngauruhoe (with some trusty L&P) - view from the Desert Road, central North Island, New Zealand
9. Mount Maunganui (aka The Mount) - East Coast, North Island, New Zealand
10. Auckland Harbour at sunset - travelling from down town Auckland to Devonport, North Island, New Zealand
11. Cheltenham Beach - even on a grey day this beach is one of my favs, Auckland, North Island, New Zealand
On our next trip to New Zealand (hopefully early next year) there will be three of us! Kodai will meet her grandparents for the first time. I'm looking forward to that moment.